Friday, October 28, 2011

Sweet as Pumpkin Pie

My beautiful ladyfriend Aurora Lady has this thing about pumpkins.  She loves them.  Lots.  So when she asked me to make a pumpkin hat for her to wear this fall I was all over it.

The Pattern:
Textured Slouchy Beanie by Rachel Choi

The Yarn:
Anzula Cricket in Arizona
Anzula Sebastian in Clay 
Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK in Green


I love patterns where I learn a new stitch.  I'm admittedly more of a freestyle crocheter and only recently have been making myself follow patterns, so the Fpdc was a real treat to learn. Front Post Double Crochet is what made the ribbing possible, giving the pumpkin it's pumpkiny look.

As always, Anzula did not disappoint.  So amazingly soft with it's superwash merino/cashmere/nylon blend (80/10/10) Cricket is the deliciously plumper sister of Squishy, and has a really delightfully springy twist.  I'm pretty sure it's my favorite of the Anzula yarns.  Plus, Arizona is a perfect colorway for autumn crochet.

For the stem I used both Sebastian in Clay and Baby Bamboo in Green to give it a more natural pumpkin stem look and of course made some cute sproingy tendrils!

I think it's safe to say that Aurora is the cutest little Punkinhead ever! 

Art by Aurora Lady. Duh. You should buy some. Of her art. Duh.
These photos on here are totally yoinked from her blog, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment